In 1927 a resident of the Paramount area, Adam Baer, and others, began a mission type Sunday School in Hagerstown, meeting on Sunday afternoons in a building a few blocks south of the present church location. After a short time the classes were moved to the present church location, meeting in a small building which later became our lobby area.
Some of the workers were from the Cedar Grove congregation, and in 1941 the work became sponsored by Cedar Grove. Harold Lehman began helping with the teaching in 1943 and in 1944 he married another of the teachers, Pauline Barnhart. Harold was elected Sunday School Superintendent in 1945.
In 1948 the building was purchased and Sunday morning meetings began about this time also. Harold was ordained as pastor in 1950 and in 1954 the group was formally organized as a congregation. The following year the congregation was received into the Eastern Section of the Ohio & Eastern Conference.
The early 1960’s saw the parking lot north of the original building give way to a new sanctuary, dedicated in 1962. During 1976 aportion of the congregation left, later forming the Hebron congregation. By 1978 the Eastern Section of the conferencewas reorganized as the Atlantic Coast Conference, recognizing the growth of the eastern churches over the years.
In 1988 North Side called Gary Zook to serve as an assistant to Harold in the ministry. However, before Gary’s service began, the Lord called Harold home, bringing to an end Harold’s 45 years of faithful service to the church. Gary became the church’s second pastor and today serves the congregation along with his wife Teresa.
In 2000 the congregation’s conference affiliation changed from the Atlantic Coast Conference to the Franklin Mennonite Conference, headquartered in Franklin County, Pennsylvania. In 2018 Franklin Conference became a district of Lancaster Mennonite Conference.